I have to admit the first time I saw someone talking about Macros I had no idea what was going on… my knowledge hasn’t grown much since that initial reading but I blame that on the fact that overall I’m just not interested. I don’t count calories or serving sizes or macros when I eat I just try to aim for a variety of foods each day.
That being said I love it when other people showcase what they know about topics like this because it feels like a chance to learn something new. And when Arman announced that the Spill it Sunday posts this month were all going to be nutrition based I jumped at the chance to expand my knowledge a little more.
1. What is your favourite fat source? I’m a big fan of my coconut oil, both in and on my body 😉 I sub it for butter when I bake, slather it on like lotion in the winter, and it adds a subtle sweetness to my favorite granolas.
2. What is your favourite nut? What is your favourite nut butter? In terms of raw nuts it’s hard to pick a favorite… almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts… I’ve never met a nut I didn’t love. In terms of nut butters though
I think the winner is clear 🙂
3. What fat is receives unfair flack? What is YOUR perception of this macronutrient? I think fat in general receives unfair flack. If I were to actually go and crunch some numbers (and let’s be honest I haven’t done much math since college) I think people around me would be surprised to see how much fat I take in in a given day especially since I maintain a healthy body weight. Fat is not the enemy, and fat-free foods taste weird.
4. What is your favorite recipe featuring fats? Since I’ve shown my love for almond butter in this post already it only seems fair to show off my recent recipe which combines that love with my granola addiction.
Almond Butter Granola for the win!
6. What benefits do FATS play in YOUR personal eating habits? I like to think that having some fat at most meals helps to keep me full which helps me to maintain reasonable portion sizes. At the minimum I know it makes my food taste good and there is nothing better than that 🙂
Since it is Spill it Sunday I guess I should include the obligatory selfie
Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!